Bachelor of Arts
Admission to B.A. Honours Course is open to all those who have passed the Plus Two level/Equivalent Examination conducted by the recognized Boards and Universities recognized by the North Eastern Hill University on merit and on a first come first serve basis. Preference will be given to those candidates who have recently passed. The choice of subjects is given in the table below.
Subject Combinations for Bachelor of Arts
A student shall have the option to choose an Honours (Elective) subject and the Elective Subjects combination of the following Table (as per University Notification dated 31st May, 2019).
|Sl.No.||Honours Subject||Elective Subjects (Choose any two)||Seat Intake|
|1.||English||History, Sociology, Philosophy, Education||20|
|2.||Khasi||Sociology, Education, History, Political Science||20|
|3.||Education||History, Political Science, Sociology, Elective Language||20|
|4.||History||Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Education||20|
|5.||Philosophy||Elective Language, Political Science, History, Education||20|
|6.||Political Science||Sociology, Education, History, Economics||20|
|7.||Economics||Political Science, History, Sociology||20|
|8.||Sociology||Education, History, Elective Language||20|
Nongtalang college is affiliated to one of the central University of India, North Eastern Hill University. The University is responsible for framing the details of the Programmes and Courses which are clearly stated in the syllabus. The college offers only the BA Programme which comprises of subjects in the field of Economics, History, Sociology, Education, Philosophy, Khasi, English and Enviromental Studies. The Outcomes of the Programme are as follows:
- The Programme aim to groom the students through the related subjects to compete in examinations for gainful employment in the Government, public or private sector.
- The Programme also aim to groom the students in developing the spirit of enterprise in the field of business and research.
- The program intends to make the students socially, politically, morally and environmentally aware and responsible.
- Keeping in mind the urgent need for sustainable development, the program is design to equip the students with the knowledge to strive not only for individual progress but also for others and for posterity.
- Last but not the least, the program aims to equip the students with knowledge to be responsible citizen of the country and to put into use the skill and knowledge towards nation building.