Department of Education
The department of Education starts in the year 1988 for the undergraduate students of the college. Initially it offered only Pass Course. In the year 2000, NEHU permitted with temporary affiliation for opening honours. In 2005, the department get the permanent affiliation. B.A Honours was started with Smt. Sipra Basu as the head of the department. The department has achieved a pass percentage of 100% in the year 2014 in B.A Education (Honours) Examination conducted by the University.
|1st Semester||Paper I: Educational Psychology|
|2nd Semester||Paper II: Foundations of Education|
|3rd Semester||Paper III: Educational System in India|
|4th Semester||Paper IV: Educational Thought and Practices|
|5th Semester||Paper V: Educational Evaluation and Statistics
Paper VI: Trends in Contemporary Indian Education
|6th Semester||Paper VII: Educational Technology and Pedagogy
Paper VIII: School Organisation and Administration
Programme Specific Outcome
Paper I:- Educational psychology
- To enable the students to understand the nature of Educational psychology.
- To enable them to understand different aspects of Personality and it’s development.
- To develop an understanding of the process of learning.
- To enable them to understand the nature, scope and importance of Guidance and Counselling.
Paper II:- Foundations of Education
- To develop an understanding of the meaning, aims and objectives of Education.
- To develop an understanding of the role of philosophy and sociology in Education.
- To develop an understanding the major philosophy of Education.
- To enable the students to understand the cultural heritage of India.
- To develop the knowledge of the structure and function of society and the process of social interaction for a change towards better human relationships.
Paper III:- Educational System in India.
- To develop an understanding of the evolution of the Educational System in India.
- To develop familiarity with the legal and constitutional provisions in Education.
- To create an awareness of the main challenges and problems faced by the system.
Paper IV:- Educational Thought and Practices
- To familiarize the students with the Educational thought of ancient thinkers.
- To familiarize the students with the Educational thought and practices of contemporary Indian thinkers.
- To expose the students with the educational thought and practices of western thinkers.
- To acquaint the students with the innovative practices in education.
Paper V:- Educational Evaluation & Statistics.
- To enable the students to understand the concept of measurement and evaluation as applied to Education.
- To familiarize the students about the various types of Educational and psychological tests.
- To enable the students to develop the competency in solving various statistical problems.
Paper VI :- Contemporary Indian Education.
- To familiarize the students with some interventions in elementary education.
- To acquaint the students with the efforts made regarding Secondary Education.
- To familiarize the students with some quality issues in higher education.
- To enable the students to understand some recent issues and trends in education.
Paper VII:- Educational Technology.
- To enable the to understand the nature and scope of Educational Technology.
- To acquaint the students about the various innovations in Educational Technology.
- To enable the students to understand the functions, principles and operations of teaching.
- To familiarize the students about various levels & skills of teaching.
Paper VIII:- School Management.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the concept of school management.
- To enable the students to understand the process of school management.
- To develop the familiarity with the concept, Need and scope of Educational planning.
- To enable the students to understand the concept, Determinants and principles of Curriculum construction.
- Discuss the meaning, need, nature scope of Educational psychology.
- Discuss the concept, and theories of intelligence and creativity.
- Explain the concept of personality and factors influencing personality Development.
- Describe the meaning, concept of learning it’s theories and factors affecting and application of learning theories in the field of education.
- Describe the meaning of guidance, types, needs and importance of guidance services in school.
- Describe the meaning of counselling, scope and types, steps and techniques of counselling.
- Discuss the Educational view of different western school of philosophy namely idealism, Naturalism and pragmatism.
- Discuss the concept of Educational philosophy and relation between Education and philosophy.
- Explain the concept of Democracy, Freedom and Discipline.
- Briefly explain the Components of Education.
- Discuss the meaning, nature and scope of Educational sociology and Education as social process.
- Discuss the need for sociological approach to education and school as social sub- system.
- Explain social change and it’s impact on education.
- Explain education as an instrument of social change.
- Define social groups, socialization and interaction.
- Discuss education and cultural heritage of India.
- Explain the Educational thought in Ancient and Medieval India.
- Discuss the education in colonial India (1813-1882) and (1902-1947).
- Discuss the education in post- independence India.
- Discuss the problems and issues of education in North East India with reference to Meghalaya.
- Explain the Ancient Education thought and practices with reference to Upanishads, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.
- State the Indian, Western and Modern educational thought.
- Discuss the educational practices of Froebel’s kindergarten, Montessori method, Dewey’s project method and Gandhi’s basic education.
- Describe the innovative practices in Education.
- Explain the concept of measurement and evaluation in education and their differences.
- Explain Bloom’s Taxonomy of educational objectives under cognitive domain.
- Discuss the different psychological test in education.
- Explain the Graphical representation of grouped data.
- Explain the measures of central tendency and dispersion.
- Explain the correlation and normal probability curves.
- Explain the concept, need and scope of Teacher education. Role of DIERT, CTE, DERT and NCTE in teacher education.
- Discuss pre-service and in-service teacher education program.
- Explain the concept, scope and types of Educational Technology.
- Discuss the various innovation in educational technology.
- Discuss the concept, functions , principles and operation of teaching.
- Discuss different types and skills of teaching.
- Explain the school management, organisation and planning.
|Name||Qualification||Desiganation||Year of Joining|
|Shri. Famous Syiem||M.A, B.ED||Assistant Professor||2001|
|Smt. Bima Myrchiang||M.A||Assistant Professor||2010|
|Smt. Jenti Rangtong||M.A, NET||Assistant Professor||2016|
|Smt. Hakanibai Passah||M.A, B.ED||Assistant Professor||2019|
The department organized a One-day programme on ‘Mental Health Awareness for Students during Pandemic’, on the 16th December 2021.