RED RIBBON CLUB
MOTTO- PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
What is a Red ribbon Club?
The Red Ribbon Club is a voluntary on-campus intervention program for students in educational institutions. It was started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness of HIV/AIDS. It is supported by the State AIDS Control Society (SACS)(MACS) in Meghalaya and implemented through multi-sectoral collaboration, particularly using the service of NSS cadres and the cooperation of educational institutions in the state.
RED RIBBON CLUB, NONGTALANG COLLEGE
The Red Ribbon Club, Nongtalang college started in 2022. It aims at providing youth with access to information on HIV/AIDS, causes, care, prevention, support, treatment, etc., and the importance of voluntary blood donations. The Club also aims at providing awareness on both physical and social consequences of Drug Abuse.
- To reduce new HIV infections among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness of sex, sexuality, and HIV/AIDS.
- To motivate youth and build their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on positive health behavior and the hazardous effect and consequence of HIV/AIDS and Drug Abuse respectively.
- To in induce among youth the spirit to help and support people living with HIV/AIDS (PHLA) thereby reducing stigma and discrimination against PHLAs.
- To encourage youth to be peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building.
- To promote voluntary non-remunerated blood donation among youth.
|Name of Coordinator||Designation|
|Mr. Apphorozien Lamin||Asst. Professor Department of Political Science|